Dr. Vivien Lee has presented to a number of audiences and is available to deliver various education presentations and workshops.
Dr. Lee is available to speak on a variety of topics including:
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Operational stress injuries
- Workplace injuries – how the work site itself can become a trauma “trigger” after a workplace injury
- What to look for in colleagues, staff, or family members if worried about their mental health
- How to start the conversation (manager-, peer-, and family-level)
- Adapting to change
- Peer support
- Impact of stress on health
- Return-to-work after an injury or trauma: incorporating evidence-based principles, employer, and peer support
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Introduction to cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Chronic pain: stages of change, motivational interviewing, CBT
- Self-care; mental health “check-ups”
- Disability and accommodations in the workplace or testing environment
Dr. Lee presented to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights, in December 2017 on the need for:
Counselling and Other Mental Health Supports for Jurors (starts at 16:11). A written transcript of her testimony may be viewed here.
Dr. Lee’s education & training clients have included:
- Canadian Psychological Association
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
- Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Mental Health (CIMVHR)
- Tema Conter Memorial Trust
- The Conference Board of Canada
- Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC)
To request an educational presentation or workshop with Dr. Lee, please email DrLee@traumarecoverygrowth.com.
We’re Here For You.
Healing from trauma is possible. We invite you to contact us to schedule an initial consultation to start your road to recovery.